Friday, January 7, 2011

Ugh...

So, I didn't blog yesterday and I am just getting around to it now. My one sister is in town and I spent all day yesterday with her at my parents house. I felt by the end of the day that I had been hit by a Mack truck. My mother went on and on about my weight. She has a weight problem herself but always makes me feel like a piece of you know what. I know all that is a separate issue but I feel like it impedes my weight loss. My sister is a size double zero and my mother and I are a 16. She always tells my sister how beautiful she is. Yesterday while at her house she shows me a picture of myself when I was thin and says, "see how pretty you were then." I'm sorry but I can't help but feel like poo when she does that. I wish I didn't care so much what she thought. She wants to pay for me to join the YMCA but I in no way want my weight loss to be "indebted" to her. Ugh, I am just glad this week is almost over and tomorrow morning will be my first official weigh in! Good night and  TTYL!

-Meredith

4 comments:

  1. Awww *hugs* So sorry about your Mom treating you that way. I've had a similar experience (not my Mom though) and it really hurt my feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, honey...I'm sorry you had to go through that. But, whatever you do, don't dwell on it. People say really dumb/hurtful/thoughtless things about weight all-the-tiiiime. Just get inspired by it. Use the anger and the hurt to fuel you toward success. Please? I don't want you to be sad and to make mistakes and then regret that, too. Ya know?

    Chin up! Chin up!! You're going to get to a healthy weight and your mom will eat her words and your sister will be proud of what you've done. Focus on that!

    *biiiig hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( Im sorry you had to go through that, coming from family it must hurt more than a stranger.
    Stay strong and remember you are doing this for YOU, not them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. I blogged about a similar situation. You know, your mum probably just doesn't want you to make the same mistakes she did with weight. She cares but I know how you feel. My Grandma is the same, I've lost just enough weight now that she tells me I look good but could look better rather than 'you look awful, lose some weight'. x

    ReplyDelete