Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Do Over Please?!?!

So, yeah I wish I could have a "do over" for last night and today. First off, I don't want followers to think I am a negative nancy but this #$^& is not easy!!!! I know you all know what I mean too. Changing your lifestyle is difficult. I have however been reading some great stuff in other blogs and I am taking the suggestions given.
I have to preface my story by telling you about my husband. He is the worlds most disciplined individual. I hope to be more like this one day. The fat girl inside of me looks forward to his 11:00 pm bedtime when I can raid the fridge and pantry. I have spent many a night gobbling up gallons of ice cream, bags of chips, you name it I probably ate it-lol! Last night I decide after he goes to bed that I will go up to redbox to rent some movies. The next thought that pops into my mind is that it couldn't hurt to swing by McDonald's down the street. I mean I have been doing pretty good right? Besides this weight loss thing is hard. WRONG!!!! Not only did I beat up on myself after I ate it but I stayed in a state of self-loathing all day! Later on I realized that I ate not because I was hungry but because I received a notice about something that was out of my control. Instead of accepting the situation for what it was I worried myself into an eating frenzy. For a total of 10 mins I was in Mcdonalds bliss. I guess you could say in some ways I am grateful for the situation because it helped me become aware of my patterns. The next time this happens I can make a different choice. Tonight I think I will get to bed early and start fresh in the morning. Thanks to everyone who has been supporting me thus far. Until tomorrow!

-Meredith

3 comments:

  1. It's hard for just about every human being to keep weight off and to resist temptation. Take a deep breath. Relax. The world is not going to end because you had McDonald's.

    Tomorrow morning, get up and start anew. Don't even think about what happened today and don't think about what you'll have to do on Thursday. One day at a time is the best way to do this.

    Do NOT beat yourself up. You're doing a great job. Smile and get right back on that horse.

    *big hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Changing your lifestyle is hard- it won't happen overnight. Being able to recognize where you went wrong is key and next time you will make a better choice! Keep your head up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with both posts above.

    Don't beat yourself up, it IS hard, but you are realizing what got you here, and seeing where you need to improve, and thats where it has to start. It takes work, and its not all fun, and we will make mistakes.. its a new way of thinking, you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete